With Healthy Minds Consulting advocating for each child’s unique educational needs, parents can focus on being nurturing and loving caregivers. We have the experience to help navigate the complexities of the education system to support families in accessing the resources their child needs to thrive. Our educational advocacy services include:
- Providing supportive advocacy at Individualized Education Program (IEP) and other school meetings.
- Collaborative communication with schools to facilitate appropriate and effective services for each child.
- Conducting school observations to provide an independent perspective of the child’s needs and behaviors.
- Educating families so that they are empowered to advocate for their children’s psycho-educational needs.
- Facilitating training on IEPs, educational advocacy, and the link between education and mental health, for families as well as public service agencies.
We provide these educational advocacy services to individual families who hire us on a direct basis, as well as through public service agencies. To illustrate an example of the latter, we contract with the Los Angeles County Juvenile Mental Health Court (JMHC). The JMHC serves a subset of youth who are involved in the delinquency system and who have developmental delays and/or severe psychiatric / mental health needs. This specialized court has a team of professionals who work collaboratively to provide supports and services to the youth and their families to reduce the repetitive cycle of criminal or antisocial behavior and improve the youths’ life outcomes.
Let Healthy Minds Consulting provide the support you need to bridge the gap between your child’s educational needs and appropriate resources. To schedule a free, no obligation consultation, CONTACT US HERE.
Please note that Healthy Minds Consulting does not currently employ any attorneys nor does it offer legal services, consultation, or advice.